If you have a hot date coming up, this chicken parmesan recipe is for you.
With frozen chicken tenders and (basically) pre-made sauce, you can take all the credit and do none of the work. And the best part is, this dinner for two costs under $5 per person.
The classic dish including breaded chicken, pasta and tomato sauce is something everyone can enjoy, and with some extra pizzazz from our Drake University Spoon team, you’ll have the dinner of your dreams in 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
6 frozen chicken tenders
1 cup marinara sauce
8-oz. fettuccini noodles
12 basil leaves
½ tomato, diced
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, and put the garlic cloves and fully cooked frozen chicken tenders in the pan. Cook the tenders 3-5 minutes on each side or until they’re golden brown.
2. While the tenders are cooking, put the fettuccini noodles in a pot of boiling water and stir occasionally for 9-11 minutes.
3. Add the marinara sauce once the tenders are cooked. Add in ¼ tomato and 6 basil leaves cut in strips.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the tender and sauce mixture.
5. Drain the pasta and add 4 basil leaves cut in strips.
6. Once the Parmesan is melted, place 3 tenders with sauce on each plate, along with a helping of pasta. Add the last 2 basil leaves cut in strips and ¼ tomato as a garnish.
Need a quality dinner in no time? Take a look at these quick and easy recipes: