Although food is the greatest pleasure in my life, I don’t know how to cook. I hate cooking—and I hate washing dishes more. Call me lazy, but I find the whole process tedious and time-consuming. That’s why I always look for ways to feed myself without all that drama in the kitchen.
This recipe is how I silence my growling stomach when I wake up late for my 8am; it’s simple and convenient. While I’ll admit that it’s not a 5-star meal, it is better than your 6-meal point breakfast at Crossroads.
Scrambled Eggs in a Bacon Bowl
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 2 minutes for eggs; 2.5 minutes for bacon
Total time: 5.5 minutes
2 tablespoons milk
a little butter
3 bacon strips
1. Cut 1 bacon strip into halves.
2. Crisscross them on the bottom of a small bowl. Wrap 2 strips around the sides.
3. Place bowl on a plate. Put in microwave and cook for 2.5 minutes. Let cool.
(Tip: Put a piece of paper towel on top to soak up the grease, so you don’t have to clean up the microwave later.)
5. Coat a microwavable mug with melted butter. (About 15 seconds in the microwave will do.)
6. Mix eggs and milk in mug.
7. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Then, microwave for another 40 seconds.
8. Put scrambled eggs into bacon bowl, and you’re good to go!
If you need to fill your stomach before an early class or impress someone with a creative breakfast in bed, this quick and easy recipe will be your savior. Yes, your microwave just officially became your new best friend.