Love D.P. Dough but hate spending the money? Look no further. Here at Penn State, we love our D.P. Dough. It is the perfect late night snack for everyone, whether you’re spending a night in the library, or making your way back from a night out. These two recipes will satisfy your craving for that toasty calzone without breaking your budget.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes for the Buffalo Chicken; 1 minute for the Mac Daddy
1 chicken breast
2 oz. cream cheese
1 can of pizza dough (makes enough for 2 calzones)
1 Velveeta singles cup
Directions – Buffalo Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray baking pan with non-stick spray or line with tin foil.
2. Boil chicken breast until thoroughly cooked, and then shred. (You could also dice the breast, but shredding ensures you get a delicious taste of it in every bite.)
3. Add cream cheese to shredded chicken. Mix.
4. Here’s the fun part: Add tabasco sauce. The spicier you like your chicken, the more you add. For less spice, add about 5 drops. This will give it just a hint of spice. For daredevils, add as much as you want!
5. Add Sriracha and chili powder. I like to add three drops of Sriracha, but again, it’s all by preference. The spicier you want your calzone, the more you should add. Mix together.
6. After you have your mixture, roll out your pizza dough. Scoop mixture out of the bowl and into the dough.
7. Gently fold the dough over the mixture and press dough together to seal in the mixture. Take a fork and press the dough together (like a ravioli) so that the mixture does not seep out.
8. Cut three slits in the top of the dough. Bake for 10 minutes, check, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Directions – Mac Daddy
1. Cook Velveeta singles cup in the microwave according to directions on the package.
2. Follow directions 6-9 above with the macaroni mixture. Enjoy!