Indulge in something way outside the typical pumpkin spice box with these pumpkin pie burritos. Crispy, flaky pie crust is filled with warm pumpkin pie filling and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of caramel.

If you haven’t embraced the cooler days yet, these will instantly get you in the sweater weather spirit. Best of all, your kitchen will be filled with the smell of classic holiday spices we know and love.

Pumpkin Pie Burritos

• 1 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 boxes instant caramel pudding
  • 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup candied pecans
  • 2 boxes pre-made pie crusts 2 rolls per box
  • 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
sweet, pastry, cake, bread
Photo by Arden Sarner

In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, 1 egg, instant pudding mix, pumpkin spice, and salt.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Fold in the candied pecans. Chill for at least 30 minutes.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Unroll one pie crust and use an 8" or 9" plate to cut out one circle from the dough.

GIF by Arden Sarner

In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg with a fork. Dab the egg around the edge of one circle.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Spoon 3 heaping tablespoons near the edge of the circle and smooth into a log shape. Make sure the filling doesn't run off the side.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Roll up the burrito about 3/4 of the way. Push the edges of the dough together to seal. Dab the left and right sides with more egg and fold in. Then roll all the way up. Repeat with the rest of the crusts. Re-roll the dough scraps together to make a fifth burrito.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Place the burritos seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Rub beaten egg on each burrito and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Use a small, sharp knife to cut three small slits on the top of each burrito.

GIF by Arden Sarner

Place the burritos seam side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, taking them out right before they begin to crack.

GIF by Arden Sarner