Boxes of heart-shaped chocolates, roses and a bottle of red wine are all great Valentine’s Day gifts. Elle Woods certainly wouldn’t deny that one. But I think there’s something about the touch of homemade gifts that can make the day dedicated for love feel extra special. With just a few store-bought ingredients and 7 easy steps, you can impress your friends or loved ones with this light and fluffy marshmallow bouquet. Deliver it with a sweet, handwritten note and that special someone will be calling you cupid in no time.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
1 bag marshmallows (plain or strawberry depending on your preference)
12-oz semi-sweet chocolate bark
Lollipop sticks (quantity depends on number of marshmallow treats preferred)
1 mason jar
1. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Place a straw or lollipop stick into each marshmallow.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes (stir frequently to prevent chocolate from melting).
4. Dip half of each marshmallow into the chocolate and twirl to let the excess chocolate fall into the bowl.
5. Add sprinkles.
6. Place the marshmallow on the baking sheet to dry.
6. Once all of the marshmallows are decorated, place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
7. Arrange decorated marshmallows in the mason jar.
8. Share the love.
In need of more Valentine’s Day ideas? Check out these links: