What if you could make a quick, easy, and tasty meal with very little ingredients and all under 30 minutes? Well, this honey glazed teriyaki chicken needs to be in your weekly rotation! 

Being a student, or even an adult, means realizing that there are some things that you just kind of have to do, and cooking is one of those things. Sometimes it can be fun, especially once you reward yourself with something you've prepared that tastes amazing. However, it can also be time consuming and a real hassle. This honey glazed teriyaki chicken is one of my favorite weeknight meals because it's so quick and easy, but tastes heavenly. I paired it with rice and veggies, but you can use any sides you love! Potatoes would be delicious, too. 

The Prep

Start with chicken of your choice, this can be breast, cutlets, tenders, or thighs. Whatever you like best! You want to make sure to clean the chicken with vinegar or lime in order to get rid of bacteria.

Destiny Dunning

Once you rinse the chicken, you'll want to pat it dry and add a drizzle of neutral oil to help the seasonings stick. If you are cooking rice, this would be a good time to put it on the stove. Once this is done, make sure the pan is on medium heat and heat up a little bit of oil, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. 

The Seasoning 

While the pan is heating up, combine some cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, a sprinkle of salt and some black pepper in a shallow bowl. Then, add salt and pepper to the chicken as well. Give the cornstarch and spices a quick mix and then dip the chicken in, making sure to cover both sides. Dust off the chicken so there isn't excess cornstarch, because too much of this will cause your oil to burn quicker.

The Cooking

Once the chicken is dipped in the cornstarch and dusted, you can carefully add it to the hot pan. After about two to four minutes, make sure to flip the chicken to ensure both sides get cooked. Don’t cook it too long, because it will go back into the pan with the sauce to cook some more.

Destiny Dunning

Once a nice golden crisp has formed on both sides, remove the chicken from the pan. As the chicken rests, dispose of the oil in the pan and put it back on the stove. Remember to wipe the bottom of the pot in order to avoid a potential grease fire!

The Sauce

In that same pan, add about a half a stick of butter, a spoon full of minced garlic (or seven to eight garlic cloves), two tablespoons of honey, and three tablespoons of soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. If you like a thicker, saucer chicken, just add more butter, honey, and soy sauce!

Destiny Dunning

Turn the heat down to let it simmer for about two minutes. Once the sauce begins to bubble, add the meat back into the pot. Using a spoon, cover the chicken in the sauce and keep flipping the chicken for about 3 minutes. The garlic burns pretty fast, so make sure to keep the stove on medium/low for this part.

Destiny Dunning

Once this is done, cut the chicken up if you'd like, plate it with your sides, top it with some green onion or parsley (optional) and then – boom, serve it. This meal is so quick and so good, you should definitely add it to your weekly go-to meals.

Destiny Dunning

Make it in between exams, gym runs, lazy days, or just because you're hungry. There's always time for honey glazed teriyaki chicken.

These ingredients can be found at just about any grocery store such as Publix, Target, Walmart, Aldi’s, Trader Joe's and more.

If you like this recipe, check out Tiffy Cooks for more inspiration! Happy cooking.