Leaves are turning and it’s time to welcome that cozy, comfortable mood filled with sweaters and warm flavors. This hash uses the best of seasonal ingredients and is incredibly flavorful eaten by itself, as a side dish, or as an accompaniment for chicken or pork. The apple cider and pieces puts in focus one of fall’s best fruits, while the balsamic brings out a depth of sweetness.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 yellow zucchini squash
1 sweet potato
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup walnuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup of balsamic
3 tablespoons of apple cider
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice onion, and sauté in olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
2. While sauteeing, chop zucchini and apple into small cubes.
3. Shred sweet potato using a cheese grater.
4. Put zucchini into pan and let sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add sweet potato and let sit until it softens.
6. Add apples and let cook down for 2 minutes.
7. Add balsamic and seasonings, then the cider and walnuts.
8. Serve after a couple of minutes, either by itself or as an accompaniment for pork chops or chicken.
More fall recipes: