Crepes are great. They can be sweet, savory, folded, rolled, filled or stacked. Learn this recipe, and it’ll provide a bunch of quick meals and last-minute desserts.

Basic Crepe Recipe

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:30 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes
  • Servings:5 crepes

• 1 cup flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 tablespoon melted butter
Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

To a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of flour.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

Add 2 eggs.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

Add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk. Whisk everything together until well incorporated.

#SpoonTip: At this point, you can add any flavoring you want. Instead of water you could do fresh orange juice. Add cocoa powder or any spices you like.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

Whisk in the 2 tablespoons of melted butter and a pinch of salt. I added vanilla extract.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

Whisk everything together until well incorporated and get ready to start creppin’.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

Grease your pan with some vegetable oil and make sure it’s hot.

#SpoonTip: If you want your crepes to look 100% fancy, strain your batter to get rid of POTENTIAL flour buildups or “chunks.”

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

For a crepe, grab a 1/4 cup (this may vary depending on the size of your pan) measuring cup and WHILE HOT dump one measurement onto the pan. As soon as you do, move the pan around to make sure the batter covers the entire surface before putting it back down on the stove.

Gif by Dayan Paiewonsky

These will cook REALLY fast, so keep an eye on them. At first, the top of your crepe will look shiny. You’ll know it’s ready to be flipped when it’s no longer shiny. It’ll take about a minute. Run a spatula through the edges of the crepe to make sure it didn’t stick and then flip it. Let it cook for another minute.

#SpoonTip: You WILL mess up the first one, maybe the second one too, but as soon as you get one done, you won’t mess up any of the other ones. Don’t get discouraged.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

After that, you’re done. You can make a huge batch of these and freeze them. When you decide to use them, heat them up in a pan and they’lll be good as new.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky

You can fill up a crepe with literally ANYTHING. Sweet or salty, these things will save your life.

Photo by Dayan Paiewonsky