In my college apartment, the number of tea bags outweigh the number of ramen boxes. With so many flavors and benefits, tea has so many benefits. If you aren’t drinking it,  you’re really missing out. With the craziness of the holiday season, tea is the perfect reminder to take some time to relax and unwind, making it the perfect gift to give to those you love this holiday season.

Here is why:

1. It’s affordable. Tea greatly varies in price depending on type, producer and amount; however, many affordable options are available. Buying loose leaf tea can be a great option, not only allowing you to buy as much or as little as you like, but also to experiment with different flavors and combinations.

2. It’s personal. Does your friend love hints of cinnamon, have an affinity for chai, or are they obsessed with pumpkin? The extensive list of flavors and combinations means you can find the perfect blend for everyone on your list.

Photo by Rosalind Chang

3. It’s soothing. Having a rough day? Have some tea. Lots of studying? How about some tea. Whether you’re buying tea for someone who is always on the go and needs a reason to relax, or someone who loves peaceful mornings and late night reading, tea is the perfect option to provide your loved ones with a little chance to breath during this hectic season.

4. It’s good for you. Tea has been proven to have numerous health benefits, including helping deter certain cancers, heart disease and Alzheimer’s. Why not help your friends and family stay healthy?

5. It’s practical and long lasting. Giving tea and a cute mug is both sweet and practical. Your friends are bound to think of you when sipping from their favorite new mug.

6. It’s creative. No matter how you package it or the flavor you choose, a lot of thought goes into choosing the perfect tea and what better way to show someone you care then finding something that combines all their favorite flavors.

7. It’s love in a mug. How can you be sad or mad when drinking tea? You can’t! It’s relaxing, decadent and sweet. It is the perfect beckoning of a break this time of year.

Photo by Rosalind Chang

Tea is one of the most popular drinks in the world, with Americans drinking approximately 79 billion servings of tea each year [2012]. With so many incredible options and so much to love, tea is the perfect gift for all those you love this holiday season.