Nuts can get pretty boring on their own, so why not jazz them up and make these roasted maple pecans? They’re sweet and salty and utterly delicious. What’s not to love about pecans glazed with maple syrup and roasted in the oven until they’re caramelized? Pecans are also healthy since they're full of protein and magnesium, which can help reduce blood pressure. Reducing blood pressure is key for stressed-out students like myself. 

The sweetness in these nuts makes them addictive. They taste like fall on a tray. These roasted maple pecans make a great snack by the handful, and they are wonderful added to salads.

Ellie Haun

These roasted maple pecans take no time at all to make, and only require three ingredients that you probably already have on hand. You won't waste precious study time making them, and you'll feel good snacking on them because they only contain pecans, salt, and natural maple syrup. Plus, they're naturally gluten-free and vegan.

Maple-Roasted Pecans

• 2 cups pecans
  • 2/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Ellie Haun

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then spread out the pecans on it. Drizzle the salt and maple syrup over the pecans, making sure to really coat each pecan.

chocolate, pecan, sweet
    Zoe Malin

Bake the pecans for 35 minutes, taking out every 10 minutes to stir, until the maple syrup hardens. Let cool, then enjoy! These keep for a few weeks when stored in an airtight container.

Ellie Haun

What are you waiting for? Grab a tray, grab your ingredients, and make these delicious roasted pecans. They'd be a good addition to any of these 27 easy salads or atop this single-serve sweet potato casserole. Don't take my word for it though! Whip up a batch for yourself and see how versatile these roasted pecans can be.