One of my favorite parts about birthdays is the treats. Whether it be cake, ice cream, or cookies, no birthday is complete without a good dessert. When my 19th birthday came around, I wanted to bake some cookies for my friends. I decided to make some very easy palmier cookies.

I came upon this recipe for two-Ingredient Palmiers on the Pioneer Woman website. The minimal amount of ingredients needed really stood out to me. As a college student, we know that less is more. Frozen puff pastry dough makes this palmier recipe a cinch for inexperienced bakers or the food fanatic who just wants a quick, sweet batch of curly cookies.
sweet, pastry, cookie, chocolate
Sydney Tenholder

What's also great about this recipe is that these palmiers are so tasty. Their texture is flaky, more like a croissant than a cookie. Palmiers are definitely the cronut of cookies. Plus, their sweetness is amplified with the use of butter or cinnamon sugar in traditional recipes. I decided to try blueberry fruit preserves as a filling (you could also experiment with different dry spices, Nutella, or nut butter).

And there's no doubt that these palmier cookies are just plain cute. Palmiers are sometimes called "elephant ears" or "French hearts." Now you can show your family and friends some love and whip up a batch of easy palmier cookies.

2-Ingredient Fruit Palmiers

• 1 sheet thawed puff pastry
  • 2 tablespoons fruit preserves
raspberry, butter, peanut butter, peanut
Sydney Tenholder

Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay out your puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to smooth out any bumps or folds. Then, spread fruit preserves over the top of the pastry dough.

bacon, cheesecake
    Sydney Tenholder

Fold two sides of the pastry 1/4 of the way inwards on each side.

bacon
    Sydney Tenholder

Fold the same two pieces inwards again so that they touch in the middle.

Sydney Tenholder

Fold the dough once more, bringing one section of dough on top of the other.

cream, sweet, dairy product, cake
    Sydney Tenholder

Cut the dough log into four equal sections. Then, cut each of those sections into five parts. This will create 20 cookies.

banana, chocolate
    Sydney Tenholder

Lay each cookie out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

chocolate, peanut butter, butter, cookie, peanut
    Sydney Tenholder