My father has been following a Paleo diet for some time, but there are two things he's never been able to resist: coffee and ice cream. A lot of people will say you can have coffee on the paleo diet, so the only true problem is ice cream. Luckily, there are tons of paleo ice cream recipes that you can make at home so that you don't have to give up ice cream, either. 

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Chocolate chip cookie dough is an amazing ice cream that has more flavour and texture than just vanilla but is generally enjoyed by everyone. 

2. Chocolate Ice Cream

Chocolate ice cream is a great base and  one of the 3 core kinds of ice cream. Eat the ice cream plain or dress it up with some toppings for the perfect ice cream sundae. 

3. Orange Dreamsicle Ice Cream

There's nothing better than some refreshing, citrus-y ice cream in the summer. Make this orange dreamsicle ice cream look as natural as it is by serving it in an actual orange.

4. Coffee Ice Cream

This caffeine-filled coffee ice cream fixes both of my father's cravings at once. There's no better way to wake yourself up than with ice cream. 

5. Strawberry Ice Cream

If someone's serving a fruity ice cream, chances are that they're serving strawberry ice cream. Make this scrumptious treat paleo at home with a blender. 

6. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is another favourite of many that can easily be made paleo. There's really nothing better after a meal than a little mint. 

7. Raspberry Swirl Coconut Ice Cream

There's nothing more aesthetically pleasing with ice cream than a swirl and this Raspberry Swirl Coconut ice cream accomplishes just that with a wonderfully fruity flavour. 

8. Salted Caramel Ice Cream

There's nothing better than something both sweet and salty which is why salted caramel ice cream is my favourite. Make it paleo so that everyone can enjoy it, no matter what. 

9. Vanilla Ice Cream

Vanilla ice cream is the most versatile base—you can do literally anything with it. Make the base paleo and then decorate with toppings to your heart's desire 

10. Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

There's this chocolate peanut butter ice cream that my family always gets that was one of the hardest things to give up for my dad. This paleo ice cream recipes roundup wouldn't be complete without this flavour. 

Whether you eat ice cream every night or only on special occasions, these paleo ice cream recipes are sure to serve you well in the time to come. Try them all and pick your favourites...and then go find some more. Enjoy!