It's summertime, which means things are heating up in the Central Valley. To beat the heat, many locals treat themselves to ice cream, or the "healthier" option, frozen yogurt. When in Modesto or Turlock, the go-to froyo place is Yogurt Mill.

Yogurt Mill is a frozen yogurt shop that was founded in 1984. The locally-owned business is known for their generous swirls of high-quality frozen yogurt and delicious flavors, which are updated daily. Flavors are posted on their Twitter and Facebook pages.

As if things couldn't get any better, Yogurt Mill has drive-thrus. You can stay within the comfort of your air conditioned car and order your favorite treat. Three of the four locations have drive-thrus, which, by the way, are always busy.

The Froyo

Their frozen yogurt is made fresh daily from the healthiest, premium ingredients. The result? Happy and loyal customers. Yogurt Mill has won the Modesto Bee's Reader's Choice Award for the last 16 consecutive years. Now don't even get me started on the toppings. From sprinkles and chocolates to fresh fruit and whipped cream, this place has it all.

Social Media

Like I mentioned above, you can find their daily flavors on their social media accounts. Amongst photos of froyo masterpieces, you'll find adorable pictures like the one above. Every Wednesday is #WagsWednesday, a day for your furry friend to be featured on their social media page eating a Pup-Yo, a refreshing treat for your pup! With every purchase of a Pup-Yo Yogurt Mill donates $.50 to local rescues. 

The Atmosphere

Yogurt Mill's atmosphere is welcoming and fun. The walls, painted vibrant shades of orange and pink, match perfectly with the bright and inviting environment. Inside, you'll find an array of board games. People (and pets) of all ages can be found enjoying a cup of Yogurt Mill's froyo. That's what makes Yogurt Mill special to the Central Valley.

To say the least, Yogurt Mill is the best froyo fo'sho.