We all have done the classic weekend road trip to Peggy’s Cove or Lawrencetown Beach. Yes, the places are beautiful and make for a great Insta, but you can only go so many times. Where to next you might ask? The Kiwi Cafe is your answer: a hidden gem nestled in the quaint coastal town of Chester.

Road Trip

Photo Courtesy of kiwicafechester.com

So, get your hungover souls out of bed and hit the road for a short 30 minute drive worth a beautiful view and even better food.

The cafe features a stellar breakfast and lunch menu along with drinks and in-house pastries. A breakfast go-to is the eggs benny offered in five different combinations, each perfected to a T. Restaurant goers struggle to decide between smoked salmon, ham, lobster, avocado or spinach for their eggs benny. For lunch, my go-to is the B.L.A.T. sided with a summer salad. The B.L.A.T. consists of bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato and garlic mayo, grilled between a fresh panini roll. The summer salad is light and refreshing with goat cheese, strawberries, and candied pecans tossed in mixed greens and dressed in light vinaigrette.

Road Trip

Photo by Alex Wiley

If you aren’t feeling up for a full meal or need a fix for your little sweet tooth craving, look no further than the fresh baked goods. The Kiwi offers chewy face-sized cookies, infamous brownies and much more.

Road Trip

Photo by Alex Wiley

#SpoonTip: Try the New Zealander classic Anzac cookie. It features an assortment of spices, coconut, and oatmeal.

Road Trip

Photo Courtesy of kiwicafechester.com

Finally, finish off your weekend adventure with a stroll through the cottage town with amazing bay views.

Road Trip

Photo by Brooke Kempston