Varsity Donuts is notorious for their amazing variety in donuts (obviously). There is always something for everyone in the grand array that is offered everyday. However, just recently, after 5 years of just serving donuts, they are now serving hot lunches.

The variety of hot dogs includes, the Hot Coney, Good Time Charlie, and the Classic Dog. 

Before Varsity Donuts began selling the hot lunches, they decided to start it off with a friendly competition titled The Hot Dog Hunt with people of the Manhattan, Kansas area. 

The Hot Dog Hunt allowed community members the chance to win free Hot Coney's for a whole year. According to Varsity's rules on Facebook, Varsity Donuts would begin by "post[ing] photos of hot dogs in random locations around town."

For those that wanted a chance at winning the Hot Coney's they must, "correctly identify the most secret spots AND tag [Varsity Donuts] in a photo of themselves in that spot with the hot dog" in order to have a chance at winning.

However, with the possibility of there being a tie, Varsity requested that "the leaders ... post their cutest, most clever, and most creative hot dog-themed photo." 

The winner was announced the same day the new hot lunches were launched. Riley Gay, senior at K-State won the competition and free Hot Coney's for a year.  

Riley had won because she received the most likes and retweets on her photo. For good reason too, there was a lot of effort put behind the photo.

The new addition has caused a lot of stir, and has been considered a great part to the Varsity Donut family. The hot lunches will be served everyday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. 

This is definitely something you don't want to miss out on! So, don't forget to stop by and grab your next lunch at Varsity Donuts!