UD's newest addition to the food trend world is PoBu, offering sushi burritos, poke, and açaí bowls – every foodie's dream. After opening its doors in Newark at 215 East Main Street on October 1st, PoBu was unknown to many, but after hearing the news through word of mouth, I had to give it a try. To any lover of sushi and burritos, the two combined are a match made in heaven. PoBu is offering various sushi burrito options, along with the choice of traditional poke bowls. 

What is Poke?

Poke is a Hawaiian based dish of (usually) raw fish on a bed of rice. It consists of endless ingredients you would normally find in a sushi roll, such as, carrots, cucumber and avocado, but all piled on top. The bowls are beautifully decorated with the usual crunch of tempura flakes and masago, then drizzled with different types of tasty, sometimes spicy, sauces that brings all the flavors together. 

Lindsay Carroll

What PoBu Offers

PoBu's menu highlights poke and the sushi burrito. Not only can you choose from the suggested combinations, but they also give you the freedom of creating your own. Once you choose to order a burrito, poke bowl, or salad base, you are offered the choice of two protein options. Next comes the unlimited toppings – from seaweed salad to mango, PoBu gives you the option to add any number of ingredients to your creation, allowing you to customize it to your liking. Once you've got your toppings, you have the choice to finish it off with one of their signature sauces.

Lindsay Carroll

Having fallen in love with the sushi burrito once before, I know this will become my go-to spot on Main Street, along with many other Blue Hens. With their affordable prices at $10 per burrito or bowl, it's hard to resist trying it out.