As a shiny-new freshman, I couldn’t wait to explore restaurants in the Rochester area to become more acclimated with the city that I now call home. Fortunately, I got a fantastic first impression of Rochester cuisine courtesy of Magnolia’s Deli & Cafe.

Magnolia's

Photo by Parsa Lotfi

Magnolia’s is conveniently located on Park Ave and can be easily accessed via the Blue Line, by car, or even a walk from campus. The atmosphere is nothing short of adorable: its intimate decor is a perfect scene for a casual lunch or a cozy dinner. And with most of their entrees at $10 or less, Magnolia’s is a perfect spot for budget-conscious college students who want to have a great meal without spending a fortune.

Magnolia's

Photo by Parsa Lotfi

One notable feature of Magnolia’s is its extensive menu. The menu features dozens of different salads, sandwiches, wraps, paninis, and even pizzas. With so many options, everyone who enters is sure to find something to satisfy their craving. If for some reason the dozens of options are not enough, customers can always make a custom sandwich, wrap, or panini chosen from a list of fresh, high-quality ingredients.The menu even contains “The Obama Special”, a sandwich that President Obama had when he visited Magnolia’s in 2013.

Magnolia's

Photo by Parsa Lotfi

The Rising Sunflower sandwich was a hit among our group on the day of our visit. It was apparent that the regular customers of the restaurant had each adopted their favorite Magnolia’s meals. The Cajun Chicken Wrap tasted extremely fresh and homemade. Another benefit of Magnolia’s long menu is that it contains ingredients and entrees from around the world, so customers are not limited to choices from only one region of the world.

Magnolia's

Photo by Parsa Lotfi

Overall, Magnolia’s Deli & Cafe was a great introduction to restaurants in the city of Rochester. Its fresh ingredients, extensive menu, and warm atmosphere combined to create a fantastic dining experience.