For spring break, there’s no place quite like Miami. Whether you’re there for the vibrant nightlife or just to chill on the beach in the amazing weather, Miami offers a little bit of everything. This year, I'll be spending spring break in the 305, as I have for many years. Over the last few years, Miami’s restaurant scene has been on the rise and coming up hot. For those of you who are spending your vacay in the area, here are nine of the best restaurants in Miami.

For the best Sushi: Makoto

Located in the Bal Harbour Shops, Makoto offers some of the best sushi I’ve ever had. Its upscale ambience just adds to the overall experience.

#SpoonTip: Their spicy tuna crispy rice is absolutely delish.

For the best rooftop views: Juvia

Looking for a killer view of Miami? Juvia’s your place. It has an ultramodern feel to it and the eclectic menu features a blend of Peruvian, Japanese, and French cuisine.

For all the artsy people: Wynwood Kitchen and Bar

Nestled right in the arts district, Wynwood Kitchen and Bar is surrounded by the famous Wynwood Walls. The Walls feature street murals by artists from all over the world. The indoor-outdoor dining feature is a major plus so you can admire the amazing art.

For nice food and neighborhood charm: The Dutch

Located inside the W Hotel on Miami Beach, The Dutch features “eclectic American cooking,” according to its website. This is the place you go to with your parents. It’s upscale, classy… you get the picture.

For an experience: Barton G. The Restaurant

The over-the-top presentations are what make this place totally Instagrammable and completely unforgettable. Let me put it this way: the entertainment value of your food is as good as the nosh, and that’s really all you need to know.

For classic Cuban food: Versailles

Versailles is a Miami landmark at this point. Since opening in 1971, Versailles has been bringing iconic Cuban cuisine to South Florida. Ask any Cuban-American (AKA me) and they’ll tell you this is the place to go. How can you go to Miami and not have Cuban food? When in Rome…

For tapas: Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill

This place is super casual and a place to bring a group of your favorite Miami-goers. The menu features simple flavors and small plates meant to be shared. Its Spanish-style design reflects the warmth of the city and the people in it.

For a bomb bakery/cafe: Crumb on Parchment

Located in the uber trendy Design District, just outside of Downtown Miami, Crumb on Parchment is owned by celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein, a James Beard Award Winner. It’s a cozy space to enjoy soups, salads, and some out-of-this-world pastries.

For the best donuts in Miami: The Salty Donut

This place prides itself on its chef-made, small-batch craft donuts that are all made in house. My favorite is the guava and cheese, but you do you here because there’s a little something for everyone.