If you’ve ever been to Julian’s on Fed Hill, you know exactly why brunch is now my favorite meal of the day. From the relaxed, hipster vibes to the artistic decor, to the delicious food, Julian’s gets a well-earned A+ across the board.

brunch

Photo by Nicole Alberta

One of the first things you’ll notice when you walk in, is the bright colors and eye-catching decor, which changes often. No matter which side you sit on, there’s something to look at while you wait for your food, which comes out fairly quickly for such a busy place. The exquisite wall decorations include chalkboards filled with written-in neon specials, framed recognition from local magazines, and decorated dinner plates. The lighting is fairly dim, but bright enough to see your delicious food.

brunch

Photo by Nicole Alberta

When I walked in, I was immediately welcomed by the super-friendly server, who was polite yet very laid-back. I was offered both indoor or outdoor seating.

brunch

Photo by Nicole Alberta

brunch

Photo by Nicole Alberta

Although I was only there for brunch, Julian’s has a nightlife/bar scene Sunday through Thursday until 12am, and Friday & Saturday until 1am. You can check out their beer list here. I was, however, lucky enough to taste one of my favorite drinks – a Bloody Mary…and bloody hell it was good. Rich in color, and rich in flavor, it was definitely better than my last. As for their other cocktails, they have some other cool options ranging from $7 to $10 each. If you’re over the age of 21, the bar scene is for you. It is much more composed than your typical bar in a college city.

brunch

Photo by Nicole Alberta

On to the most important part…the food. The server was more than willing to explain their specials, and describe their most popular dishes to me. Pictured above, the Shakshuka was number one on that list and I decided to try it. From the crispy, buttery bread, to the rich tomato stew, or the Lemon Tahini, I put myself in a legitimate food coma because I absolutely refused to stop eating it. The eggs inside the stew were cooked to absolute perfection, and the potatoes were well-seasoned. Let’s just say I had to go back for more…the past 3 weekends.

brunch

Photo by Nicole Alberta

Since I couldn’t stop after just one tasting, I decided to try their other most popular item – Eggs Benedict. I went with the Desperado option, eggs with avocado and salsa. Just know I’m not yolking around when I say that this may have been the best benedict my taste buds have ever been blessed with.

I highly recommend both plates, with a Bloody Mary of course. Whether you sit inside or outside the service is incredible, and the vibes are great. As for a vegan diet, Julian’s is well-known for their alternative options, and they were more than willing to alter their dishes to accommodate diet restrictions and allergies. There’s nowhere else I’d rather have brunch, than at Julians on Broadway.