Led by Chipotle, the bowl revolution has touched just about every cuisine and dish type, from Indian to Middle Eastern and there are more fast-casual bowl-centric restaurants now more than ever. The bowl is a hit because of its tastiness, convenience and versatility. They’re filling, flavorful, and customizable. This is a guide to the best bowls in the NYU area. If you’re the kinda person who eats at Chipotle every day, it’s time to try something new.

The Salad Bowl: Just Salad

Just Salad is conveniently located right near campus on 8th street. You can create your own salad or go with their chef-designed salads , including seasonal options. Just Salad has a large variety of greens, grains, proteins, and cheeses to choose from that will give you a healthful and very satisfying meal.

Photo courtesy of Just Salad

The Oatmeal Bowl: OatMeals

OatMeals is another healthy and convenient option close to Washington Square. You can put just about anything on top of their home-cooked steel cut oats, both savory and sweet.  They’re extremely innovative with dishes like the Truffle RissOATo, topped with parmesan cheese and truffle oil.

Photo courtesy of Man Repeller

The Indian Bowl: SoHo Tiffin Junction

Just a block away from Washington Square Park, Soho Tiffin Junction offers the “Tiffin Bowl” that comes with rice, beans, an entrée, and unlimited toppings for less than $9.  Choose between white or brown lemon rice, beans such as masala, and entrees like chicken tikka masala, shredded beef or kale & cauliflower.

Photo courtesy of Soho Tiffin Junction

The Korean Bowl: Korilla

Korilla, which started as a popular food truck, is now a restaurant near St. Marks.  Choose a protein, rice, up to three toppings, and sauce. The B.K.F.R (Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice) is a must!

Photo courtesy of Korilla

The Middle Eastern Bowl: Semsom Eatery

Semsom Eatery is an NYU favorite serving delicious Middle Eastern fare in a fast-casual setting.  This relatively new addition to the village serves bowls consisting of tabbouleh, hummus, and more Middle Eastern classics.

Photo by Sristi Pradham

The Pakistani Bowl: Desi Shack

Desi Shack in Union Square is like a Pakistani Chipotle. The Basmati Rice Bowl is flavorful and filling. Pick your favorite between chicken, beef, potatoes, and cheese, then add some greens, and finally add some chutney. You can’t miss the beef keema and the aloo masala!

Photo courtesy of Desi Shack

The Potato Bowl: Potatopia

That’s right. You can get your potatoes baked, fried, or mashed with a protein, cheese, sauce and more toppings at this all-potato restaurant in the West Village. You can pick from their signature bowls, all with cool names such as the Frequent Friers and I Think Therefore I Yam.

Photo courtesy of Lily D. (Yelp)

The Mexican Bowl: Dos Toros

Dos Toros offers the same Mexican bowl concept as Chipotle with more genuine flavors. Just like Chipotle, you can top your rice bowl with cheese, two kinds of beans beans, salsa, sour cream, a protein and hot sauce.

Photo courtesy of Dos Toros

The Ceviche Bowl: Cevich

Ceviche is a Peruvian style of raw fish that combines delicious flavors such as lime, onion, and pepper. Cevich, as the name implies, is a restaurant specializing in ceviche in all its forms: bowls, tacos, and burritos. For the bowl, choose a base of either quinoa, coconut rice, or greens, and top with your favorite ceviche.

Photo courtesy of Cevich