1. Condado

Taco Tuesday Columbus

Photo by Megan Nichol

They’re listed first for a reason. These tacos will blow your mind. If the trendy atmosphere isn’t enough to win you over, their product definitely can. Located right in the heart of the Short North, arguably one of Columbus’s hottest foodie location, Condado is hard to pass up. Even from the street view artsy skull designs paint the outside window and continue in and cover the walls of the dining room and bar. The best time to make your trip to Condado is during its famed happy hour. Every weekday (including Tuesday) until 7 you get half off any of their fruity and delicious margaritas (with flavors including but not limited to: blood orange, blackberry, banana, and pomegranate) and one dollar off tacos. Condado guests have the option of selecting one of the pre-made tacos or get adventurous and choose your own taco adventure by creating your own. You can grab a card and pencil from your table and check off exactly what you want down to what type of cheese you want your tacos to sport. If you are in the market for a taco that looks as good as it tastes, Condado is the move.

2. Cazuelas

If are looking for somewhere you can sunbathe while enjoying your taco Tuesday, Cazuelas is your place. It is located on High Street just North of campus. The outdoor patio makes it the perfect place to chill with friends outside. You need to make sure to get there before 7 for happy hour, half of margaritas! They have an extensive authentic Mexican menu, but a delicious go-to is their hard shell tacos. They also offer delicious (and complimentary) tortilla chips to much on while you await your taco feast.

3. Plaza

Taco Tuesday Columbus

photo by @spoon_osu

Another viable option on the other end of campus is Plaza Mexican Grill. Plaza also offers an outdoor setting and a happy hour every day from 4-9pm, but they also offer a more sports bar experience. They have big screen TVs throughout the bar area that are perfect to watch the game on. There’s nothing better than cheering on the Bucks from behind a giant picture of mango margarita and a big plate of tacos.

4. Bakersfield

Taco Tuesday Columbus

Photo courtesy of Yahoo! by Jeff O’ Heir

Bakersfield is perfect for a more upscale taco Tuesday. It is located right in the heart of the Short North and has a classy but eclectic vibe. They have a great variety of tacos if just ground beef or chicken aren’t doing it for you. They offer chicken, pork, rib, fish, portabello, and even corn truffles as stuffing options. Every taco comes wrapped in a house-made tortilla that is to die for. Although the price is a little bit higher here than some of the others on the list, it is well worth your dollar. They not only offer mouth-watering Mexican street-fare, they also boast over 100 varieties of tequila and whiskey, to make your taco Tuesday a little more interesting.

5. Katalina’s

Taco Tuesday Columbus

Photo courtesy of Katie Runnels for Katalina’s

While this last taco Tuesday spot may seem a bit weird because Katalina’s is known for their brunch, especially their pancake balls, they actually have a delicious taco selection. They offer a wide variety of protein options, including several for vegetarians, but the real reason they’re included on this list is their breakfast tacos. Katalina’s breakfast tacos won a city-wide contest, and for good reason. When you order this exotic breakfast you will be gifted with three white corn tortillas filled with housemade chorizo, scrambled eggs, tomatillo sauce, big chunks of ‘cado, queso fresco, Snowville crema, and topped with pico de gallo. These breakfast tacos are the best way to give your Sunday brunch some Mexican flare and end your weekend on a spicy note. While you’re at Katalina’s it doesn’t hurt to get some of their famed pancake balls as a side or to share (not that you’ll want to).