We’ve searched high and low for the best taco joints Pittsburgh’s got to offer. Why? Because we love tacos and as much as we love Chipotle, let’s be real, we all need a little variety in our lives. Gear up for some pretty epic Taco Tuesdays this semester.

1. Smoke BBQ Taqueria

taco

Photo courtesy of Smoke Pgh

As we’ve all probably learned by now, most food on Lawrenceville’s main drag, Butler Street, is usually worth a taste… or ten. (If you haven’t learned that yet… your time will come). Hop over to one of our favorite Pittsburgh ‘hoods and try Smoke’s unbelievable selection of tacos.  First timers, go for the chicken apple taco.  You won’t regret it.

2. Tako

taco

Photo courtesy of Tako

When it comes to creativity, downtown Pittsburgh’s Tako definitely takes the cake. With tacos featuring everything from octopus to wagyu short rib, this place has got it going on. Tako kills it on the guacamole game because guess what? You can build your own guac. Pair that with a few tacos and one of their 11 unique margarita cocktails and we’re talking paradise.

3. Las Palmas

taco

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

We had to throw Las Palmas on the list, not just because its our very own South Oakland treasure, but it’s definitely the most authentic taco in town.  If you haven’t made your way to this taco stand on Atwood Street, stop what you’re doing right now and go. It’s perfectly located for a quick and cheap bite when you realize you haven’t eaten since breakfast and you’re on your way to Peter’s for a long night.

4. Verde

taco

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This is the taco spot for vegans and vegetarians. With lots of gluten free options too, Verde can rock every taco lover’s world. You can order tacos family style at Verde and on Tuesdays count on the 20% discount on tacos.  Verde is a great choice if your whole dinner crew isn’t feeling tacos at the moment because they have menu options to satisfy everyone (but who isn’t always craving tacos?).

5. Kaya

taco

Photo courtesy of Kaya

So Kaya definitely isn’t the first place to come to mind when you hear the word “taco,” but trust us, order their fish tacos and your life will change. Kaya has lots of other killer menu items, with abundant veggie options.  We couldn’t help but put Kaya on this list because let’s face it, if you’re getting fish tacos in the Burgh this is your spot.