Staying in Nashville this summer for an internship, research program, or school and need some new stomping grounds to satisfy your cravings? We’ve got you covered, no matter the occasion. Read on to discover more about these hot restaurants around Nashville.

For when you have someone to impress: Butcher + Bee

hot

Photo courtesy of @bandbnashville on Instagram

Small plates or “tapas-style” dining is a trend that is spreading widely across the nation, and when it comes to Southern style small plates, few places can do it better than Butcher + Bee. Not only are their prices reasonable, their variety is astounding. The roasted carrots and brussels sprouts were particular standouts, as were the whipped feta and grilled bread. I tried at least seven dishes when I was last there, and every single one was perfect. The ambiance is classy and comfortable without being stuffy, which makes it perfect for dinner with your parents or even a nice date.

For when you want a new twist on an old favorite: The Birdhouse

hot

Photo courtesy of @birdhousenashville on Instagram

This recently opened small shed is located at the intersection of Cleveland Street and McFerrin Avenue in East Nashville and is one of the newest restaurants in the city. One of its strongest points is the very uniqueness of its offerings: Southern classics with a Korean twist, such as bibimbap with brisket or fried chicken – responsibly sourced from local and free-range chickens – lovingly covered in one of their signature sauces. Their menu is reasonably priced and not too long, so you can easily justify going back multiple times a week (or a day, I won’t judge) just to try every tasty dish they have to offer.

For when you want a new place to relax after work: The Hook

hot

Photo courtesy of @hooknashville on Instagram

The Hook bills itself as your next favorite hangout, and with a happy hour menu that spans from 11am to 10pm every day, it’s hard to find a reason to resist. Couple that with their fast casual vibe, great chicken and fish options, and drinks sold by the carafe and bucket, and The Hook becomes every college student’s dream come true. Go here after your research lab or work to show your coworkers how hip you are.

For when you want to step out of your comfort zone: Vui’s Kitchen

hot

Photo courtesy of @vuiskitchen on Instagram

Nashville has a new Vietnamese restaurant on the block and at first glance it looks like it might be a tough contender to beat. With a menu that includes tasty offerings from banh mi and pho to Vietnamese iced coffee and avocado shakes, it’s sure to entice people to its newly opened Berry Hill location.

For when it’s time to get your brunch on: Union Common

hot

Photo courtesy of Rob Guimaraes

A classic and underrated favorite down the street from Vandy, Union Common gets a spot on this list for its brand new offering: a jazz brunch served from 10:30am to 2:30pm every Sunday. In case you’re not already convinced by the slightly later time window – we can all use a little extra sleep before brunch – one look at the menu and you’ll be sold. From Black Forest ham gruyere omelets to barbecue jumbo shrimp and grits to an insanely delicious Union Bloody Mary, Union Common is sure to become your new favorite brunch spot.