Whether you're visiting New York City or you're a local, there are a few necessary stops you need to make. New York City is famous for its wide range of foods. You can find almost any type of food within a walking distance. For all of my fellow foodies out there, it's heaven.  

If you're visiting New York City, you might do the typical visit to the Statue of Liberty, stop in Time Square, or even go shopping in Soho. But after all that walking and attempts at hailing a taxi, you're most definitely going to be hungry. You'll need a well-deserved sweet treat, and I have some of the best recommendations for you! Grab your friends, grab your wallets, and get ready to try some of the best desserts in NYC. 

1. Insomnia Cookies

Emma Picone

If you're looking for a quick snack, Insomnia is the perfect stop for you. These cookies are quick and easy to enjoy on-the-go. If you're craving some ice cream along with your warm cookies, this is the perfect place to go.

2. Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer

Emma Picone

Black Tap is famous for its crazy shakes. There are multiple options, so you'll definitely find something you like. All of the shakes are decked out with delicious things on top and are super filling. Hands down one of the best shakes in New York City.

3. Max Brenner

Emma Picone

After enjoying your entrees at Max Brenner, make sure you save room for dessert. You don't want to miss out on all of the chocolatey goodness they have to offer. All of their dishes incorporate chocolate in some way, so prepare to eat yourself silly.

4. Tao Downtown

Emma Picone

Tao offers desserts with a twist. They have amazing options that fit their Asian cuisine.

5. Sugar Factory 

Emma Picone

The drinks from the Sugar Factory are to die for. These sweet treats are perfect to share when going out with a large group of friends.

6. Laduree

Emma Picone

Looking for a little taste of France? Stop by Laduree to get some macarons and French Pastries.

7. Wowfulls (at Smorgasburg)

Emma Picone

Smorgasburg is a foodie's paradise. There are dozens of local vendors where you can find some of the most amazing foods, such as these waffles with a scoop of ice cream inside. You can pick your own toppings and take it to go. It's easily one of the best desserts in New York City.

8. Wafles & Dinges

Emma Picone

These homemade waffles with a scoop of ice cream on top are a quick and easy treat for when you're on the move.

9. Sprinkles Cupcakes

Emma Picone

Go to Sprinkles and get a cupcake from a vending machine. A vending machine? What? Yup, that's right. These delicious cupcakes can be ordered through a cupcake vending machine, or you can stop inside the shop and order one. 

10.

yogurt, ice, candy, frozen yogurt, sweet, milk, chocolate, cream
Max Bartick

While growing up, we can probably all say we were guilty of eating raw cookie dough and having our moms yell at us. Well, now you don't have to worry about your mom yelling at you for eating cookie dough. This place serves edible cookie dough and it's just as good as it was when you were younger. 

Hungry yet? I told you these are 10 of the best desserts in NYC need to try. Well what are you waiting for? Go out there and try these sweet treats! You won't regret it.