How do you feel about a skim, extra shot, no-foam vanilla latte… with bubbles? Select Starbucks across the nation now offer the option to “fizz” any of your favorite drinks.

After trademarking the term “Fizzio” as a name for beverage-making machines, the coffee powerhouse is starting to offer carbonation as a custom drink add-on. Adding bubbles to your daily ‘Bucks order may not seem like a big deal, but there are a few reasons why you should be seriously considering it.

Fizz

Photo courtesy of starbucks.com

Adding fizz to your iced tea is a great alternative to other bubbly drinks like soda. Green tea is refreshing and has extra health benefits. If you swap 1-2 cups of green tea for a soda over the next year, you can save as many as 50,000 calories.

If you are looking to further watch what you eat at Starbucks, be sure to check out these 15 Starbucks items ranked by calorie count.

#SpoonTip: Try a fizzed black tea with a splash of lemonade for a slightly sweet, low-sugar Arnold Palmer.

Fizz

Photo courtesy of gochfernando on flickr.com

Fizzed drinks aren’t just about adding something extra. They are also a functional way to make the most out of your morning joe. Carbonation works the same way with caffeine as it does with alcohol; it makes it hit your bloodstream faster. A fizzed drink will deliver carbonation into your blood faster than a normal Starbucks beverage, thus getting you the caffeine you need ASAP.

If it isn’t a caffeine buzz that you are in need of, you are also in luck. Select Starbucks around the nation are now serving non-coffee alcoholic beverages.

Fizz

While Starbucks baristas do not recommend adding carbonation to every drink on their menu, this adds another option for customization to allow you to find your perfect Starbucks order. A sparkling Skinny Vanilla Latte gives you a double whammy of espresso and bubbles to wake you up in the morning.

Carbonation additionally can help settle your stomach. If normal coffee or tea doesn’t sit well with you in the morning, a carbonated one could help ease digestion and prevent discomfort.

Fizz

Photo courtesy of starbucks.com

Starbucks across the nation are now offering this new fizzed drink option. Try it out and see if bubbles can help perfect your Starbucks order.

#SpoonTip: Never wait in line at Starbucks by online ordering and paying for your drink 3-7 minutes in advance through the Starbucks app. It will be waiting for you on the counter when you arrive.