Oh, sweet matcha. What is often dubbed as the superfood alternative to coffee or the new hipster fad drink is actually so much more. Matcha, a form of green tea, has been shown to be much healthier than its tea bag alternative because it is far less processed since the entire leaf is ingested in powdered form.

The tea also boasts a mountain of health benefits like preventing cancer, boosting metabolism, and even has 17 times more antioxidants than blueberries. I don't know about you, but I think it's about time to get on that matcha craze. See how you can add a bit of matcha into your everyday life and stay on top of the green tea hype.

1. Crepes

A photo posted by Indiana Joan (@indiieana) on

Crepes are amazing, but matcha-flavored crepes are even better.  Just make crepes as you normally would (if you're a first-timer, this recipe should be all you need) and add one tablespoon of matcha while adjusting to taste.

If you really want to impress your friends, prepare some whipped cream, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and strawberries to decorate your new creation in an elegant way.

#SpoonTip: Not a crepe person? Try this recipe for the best matcha pancakes ever. You're welcome.

2. Lattes

A photo posted by Tomma (@rawshore) on

Some adventuring souls have dared to try the matcha lattes at Starbucks. While the color may seem a tad off to some, we promise the flavor is worth the momentary confusion.

But you don't have to head to Starbucks for this healthy green tea concoction; it's easy to make and tailor this matcha latte to your taste. Variations include coconut, chocolate, and even cinnamon. The possibilities are endless, but the matcha deprivation ends now.

3. Cream Cheese Frosting

A photo posted by @ayu0319 on

Cheese and matcha? Yep, I went there. Before you scroll down and away from this idea, note not only the degree of aesthetic pleasure green frosting can portray, but the earthiness of matcha surprisingly pairs very well with cream cheese as well.

If you are in need of a fun cupcake frosting, look no further than this matcha cream cheese frosting recipe. I suggest complementing this amazing accent with a lemon olive oil cake or these decadent vanilla bean cupcakes.

4. Pound Cake/Muffins

A photo posted by 詠心❤ (@yongsin_1031) on

If matcha-infused frosting wasn't enough for you, how about pound cake? Matcha creates a sweet-savory balance of flavors that's hard to mimic. Try this almond-glazed matcha pound cake and you'll see what I mean.

5. Macaroons

Demitria Castanon

These 5-Ingredient Matcha Coconut Macaroons have a rather special place in my heart. Don't get me wrong, I love all macaroons equally, but the addition of matcha to a universally-loved dessert takes food addiction to new heights.

If you are looking for an easy crowd-pleaser that is sure to have people talking, make these nuggets of heaven, like, now.

6. Ice Cream

A photo posted by ✌🏼 (@jennszest) on

Matcha ice cream is gathering a following and there's good reason why. Not only is the color beautiful on its own, the slightly-sweet-but-not-too-sweet and refreshing taste just can't be beat.

You can head to Japan and create a vacation out of this dessert, but if you aren't feeling that, you can also buy it at most Asian supermarkets. If all else fails, try your hand at this matcha banana ice cream recipe. Either way, you'll be addicted real fast.

7. Pocky

tea, herb
Sarah Wu

Pocky is a well-known Asian snack consisting of biscuit-like cookie sticks pre-dipped in a variety of icings like chocolate, banana, and, you guessed it, matcha.

They make a great snack for people of all ages and backgrounds and are a pretty awesome gift to give to your fellow foodie. Buy some here. It's a pack of 20, but trust me, that might not even be enough to calm those newfound cravings.

8. KitKat

milk, dairy product, sweet, candy
Sarah Wu

While we are on the candy train, green tea KitKats are an absolute essential addition to any matcha-lover's pantry. What may be considered tastier than the original chocolate KitKat, the green tea version is slowly creeping into supermarkets and stores like it's nobody's business. Stay ahead of the trends and order your green tea KitKats before they take the world by storm.

#SpoonTip: If you don't want to wait for these KitKats to deliver to your door, try these copycat matcha KitKats that may just be better than the original. 

9. Fondue

Matcha, in fondue form? What more could you ask for? Turns out, people love covering things in matcha just as much as they love covering everything in chocolate. Try this recipe for the most exquisite fondue party of your life. And let's not forget the Instapics #foodporn.

10. Smoothies

Throw away those detox smoothies, because all you need to start your day is the amazing power of matcha. Not only does this superfood add an extra boost of energy, matcha helps your body detox naturally due to its high concentration of chlorophyll. Try this frozen matcha smoothie or even this smoothie bowl to make your morning that much better.

While we may not be ready to give up coffee for matcha, it is easy to incorporate this nutritional powerhouse into our daily diets. All you need is a bit of creativity and a lot of matcha powder. Oh, and maybe a foodstagram or two for inspiration.