'Tis the season for food, festivities, and friendsgiving. With October coming to a close, it's open season for food lovers everywhere to shine. However, you might be at a loss for what new recipe and cookbook you should try out this year. What will you bring to Thanksgiving dinner? How about the friendsgiving you have the week after? Now December is here and you still don't know what you're bringing to the table. 

Don't fret! With the array of cookbooks that have been released in the last six months, you'll be sure to find a recipe or two that'll spark your interest. Here's what you need to know about some of the best-sellers out right now.

Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes by Alison Roman

The name is in the book. Alison Roman's latest cookbook which retails for $19.11 on Amazon, includes 125 simple dishes that anyone can master. Her book is full of new techniques that are surprising to both new and longtime chefs. The practicality of her recipes is inviting for new chefs interested in learning more about the art while the new techniques she incorporates throughout different recipes will teach the old dogs new tricks. Not to mention her Instagram is the book brought to life.

Slow Cook Modern: 200 Recipes for the Way We Eat Today by Liana Krissoff

Slow cookers are essential for the holidays because they take the hassle out of the prep and cooking time. If you're in rush, which you most likely will be, then this cookbook by Liana Krissoff is perfect for you. She breaks down each recipe by planning out what you'll need in the morning to prep the meal, how long to leave it cooking, and adds in a few extra steps in between. The cookbook includes 150 recipes that all take a true 8-hours to make.

The Home Cook: Recipes to Know by Heart by Alex Guarnaschelli

Guarnaschelli is a renowned Iron Chef and an intimidating judge on Foodnetwork's Chopped but her cookbook is far from it. In The Home Cook, Guarnaschelli's recipes are approachable to any cook and strays away from lengthy lists of ingredients and directions. Her high level of culinary expertise adds the newest and freshest twists on traditional dishes that'll be sure to impress your audience.

Veganomicon, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Vegan by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero

There's no reason vegans should miss out on indulging in the best holiday treats. This cookbook, which includes over 250 vegan recipes has everything from desserts to gluten-free dishes that will cater to your every need. Redesigned in its 10th-anniversary edition, Veganomicon includes 25 new recipes that everyone, including meat-eaters, will enjoy.

Sweet: Desserts by London's Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh

Ottolenghi is no rookie to the cookbook scene. He's published four best-sellers before pairing up with Helen Goh for Sweet. London-based restauranteur and pastry chef created this cookbook filled with the most mouth-watering desserts, baked goods, and dishes utilizing some of his signature flavors. The recipes in this book are sure to be showstoppers this holiday season and will have your crowd in awe. His Instagram includes an array of photos of his famous desserts that will make you eager to begin cooking.

Whether you're a new chef just figuring out the basics in the kitchen or a self-proclaimed Iron Chef, the holidays can be hard for anyone. These new cookbooks have an abundance of recipes that will satisfy what you're looking for so you know what you're bringing to the table. There's no reason to be stressed in the kitchen, grab a cookbook and let the fun begin!