After cooking her way through the entire Momofuku cookbook, Stephanie Le went on to start iamafoodblog. Her site explores the recreations of tasty food she finds in the real world, from restaurants to takeout. Most of her recipes look like they can only be made with a culinary degree, but they’re actually pretty simple.

Even if you don’t plan on cooking anytime soon, check out her beautiful Instagram (warning: may make you very hungry). We reached out to Stephanie to talk to her about some recipes, food failures, and culinary advice.

food blog

Photo courtesy of iamafoodblog.com

Spoon: Looking back, which of your recipes do you think would have been your go-to meal as a college student?

SL: It definitely would be a rice bowl, noodle bowl, or grilled cheese. All easy, quick, and filling. Since I’m Asian, noodle and rice bowls remind me of home and comfort. Grilled cheese, because cheese. Here are a couple that I would probably rotate through: Taiwanese Meat Sauce & Rice, Bacon & Egg Yakiudon, Mini Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

Spoon: If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be and what would you cook?

SL: Ooh, that’s a tough one. I can’t never answer these questions cause they give me anxiety! I would say that I would just want to have a giant dinner party with a huge variety of foods. It’s a cop-out answer, I know!

food blog

Photo courtesy of iamafoodblog.com

Spoon: What was a food failure you’ve had in the kitchen?

SL: The first time I tried to make French macaron I failed. The second time I failed, too. To be honest, I’m still failing at them. They’re notoriously difficult, but I’ve also seen YouTube videos of 5-year-olds making them, so I’m going to persevere. One day I will master them!

Spoon: If you could choose your last meal on earth, what would it be?

SL: Something to do with noodles or rice.

Spoon: What’s the best piece of culinary advice you’ve received?

SL: Chill, it’s just food. Have fun with it. I have a tendency to take things too seriously, so my husband, Mike, is always telling me to chill. It’s more fun to cook when you don’t put pressure on yourself!