We all need a little something to munch on while we’re holed up in the quiet section of the library, waist-deep in essays and lab reports and fighting the urge to take a nap in between two of the blissfully dark bookshelves. Unfortunately, there are always some not-so-friendly library-goers who don’t seem to take well to the sound of our pretzels crunching or the overpowering citrus smell from our orange slices.

Luckily for you, we understand the importance of a good study snack. Next time you venture to the library, try whipping up one of these. They’re yummy, healthy and filling, but best of all, they’re silent.

1. Frozen Greek Yogurt Covered Blueberries

study snacks

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

This healthy treat can be prepared in just a few minutes. Simply line as many blueberries as you’d like onto a cookie sheet, or another flat surface, and coat each one with your favorite Greek yogurt. If you’re willing to get fancy with it, you can try dipping your blueberries in the yogurt with a toothpick for a more aesthetically pleasing effect. After you’ve coated all of your berries, stick ‘em in the freezer for about an hour. After that, just toss them into a Ziploc baggie and you’re good to go.

2. Sliced Apples or Pears with Almond Butter

study snacks

Photo by Kathryn Stouffer

This one is pretty self-explanatory—just slice up an apple or pear and toss the slices into tupperware alongside a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter. We recommend using almond butter because you never know if your table-neighbor has some deadly allergy to peanuts and could keel over and die mid-article if you bring a peanut product to the lib. It’s possible.

3. Lightly Salted Popcorn

study snacks

Photo by Andrea Kang

So simple, yet so often forgotten. Popcorn offers the saltiness of a chip or pretzel without the embarrassingly loud crunch. For you health nuts, air popped popcorn with a dash of salt should do the trick. If you could care less what you’re ingesting at 3 am when you’ve reached that sort of spiritual place that can only be reached when you’ve been studying Stats for eight hours straight, any microwavable brand should do. Just pop some up and place it into a Ziploc bag, and you’ve got yourself the perfect study snack.

4. Soft Trail Mix

study snacks

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Please, for the love of all things crunchy, do not bring almonds to the library. If you do, you’re asking for an endless parade of frowny faces and glares from everyone within a twenty foot radius. Instead, try a slightly quieter version of your favorite trail mix. Stick to dried fruit and chocolate chips. Soft, yet delectable. If you’re nuts for nuts, stick to something with a less intense crunch than almonds, like cashews or pecans.

5. Chocolate Covered Dried Fruit

study snacks

Photo by Kelly Redfield

For anyone with a sweet tooth, this study snack is the one. Chocolate covered dried fruit settles your sugar craving without the guilt of a Snickers bar. And don’t listen to their commercials, because this is so much more satisfying. Especially since you can eat more of it.

6. Nutella Energy Bites

study snacks

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

These may require a little more effort, but trust us, it’s worth it. As is anything that involves Nutella. Find the recipe here.

7. Mini Babybel Cheese

study snacks

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

These adorable, pocket-sized snacks are for all of you cheese freaks out there who just can’t get enough. They’re portable, affordable and just the perfect size.

Study up on some more study snacks: