Things are getting CRAZAY on Make it Into A Cookie as we delve into the sweet and savory combo that is chicken & waffles.

celebrate

We MADE chicken & waffles INTO a COOKIE and it was pretty freakin’ epic. Essentially, we took some tasty fried chicken, ripped off the crispy exterior and popped it back into the toaster to crisp it up even more (basically bacon, am I right?). THEN, we added it into a simple maple sugar cookie recipe and cooked them in a WAFFLE IRON. Bojangles ain’t got nothin’ on this chick (pun intended lol). 

Chicken & Waffle Cookies

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:7 minutes
  • Total Time:27 minutes
  • Servings:12 cookies
  • Advanced

• 3 pieces fried chicken
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoon maple extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoon milk

Pull off the crispy skin of your chicken. Chop it up into small pieces and place in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until well combined.

Add in egg, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon maple extract.

Add in flour and BAKING SODA until just combined, do not over mix.

Give your chicken another rough chop and drop it into your batter. MIC DROP.

Heat up your waffle iron to medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Then dollop spoonfuls of cookie dough into each section of your iron and let cookies cook for 2 minutes.

To make your glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and 1 teaspoon maple extract.

#SpoonTip: Use the bottom of a wine glass to cut your cookies into circles.

WASTED” -@brookehamroff

Dip dem cookies in dat glaze. WOWEE.

Bite into your beautiful masterpiece.