Holy moly. I’ve hit the jackpot of grilled sandwiches. I’ve figured out the perfect Cubano style panini sandwich, that will satisfy 1) your grilled sandwich craving and 2) make you want to make this ‘erry day.

First of all, grilled sandwiches are bae.

Sandwich shops have the magic touch when creating these delicious paninis. They know how to get the perfect crunch to gooey cheese ratio. News flash sandwich shops, I’ve figured your secret out.

Any sandwich with grill marks, a crunchy exterior and a warm flavorful inside, is a little slice of butter coated heaven. I bet your mouth is watering just thinking about that sandwich you should have ordered for lunch.

Turkey Avocado Cubano

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:10 minutes

• 1 ciabatta roll
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1 tablespoon chipotle mayo
  • 2 pickle slices
  • 4 turkey meat slices
  • 2 cheddar cheese slices
  • Butter for grilling

Place a cast-iron griddle pan on the stove and bring to medium heat.

Slice the bread in half. On one side top with mashed avocado. On the other side, spread the chipotle mayo.

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Place the cheese, turkey and pickles on top of one side. Then top with other half of the ciabatta roll.

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Butter one side of the ciabatta roll and place face-down onto the griddle pan.

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Place another pan on top of the sandwich and press down. Hold for 1 minute or until the bottom is grilled to your liking.

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Butter the top of the sandwich then flip. Top with the other pan again and cook for 1-2 minutes.

Photo by Hannah Cooper

Remove from heat and cut diagonally.

Photo by Hannah Cooper