Low-fat Chicken Salad on Bagel

Photo by Adrianna Simeone- Low-fat Chicken Salad on Bagel

Newark Deli and Bagels

Known as the best hangover cure on Main Street, you can count on seeing everyone you know here on a Sunday morning. Although the line is usually out the doorl, we all know it’s worth the wait. A popular option is the “sorority girl classic” consisting of a whole-wheat everything bagel toasted and scooped out with low-fat chicken salad, lettuce and tomato. Another classic is egg and cheese on a toasted whole-wheat bagel with a side of hot sauce. An order at NDB is not complete without the pickle… don’t be afraid to ask for more than one (I always do).

Location: 36 E. Main Street

Hours of operation: 7 am – 5 pm

cheap

Klondike Kate's

Photo by Adrianna Simeone- Klondike Kate’s

Klondike Kate’s

Whether you’re at Kate’s for the bar or the food, it’s always bound to be a good time. The menu is great, but can often be overwhelming for first timers. I highly recommend going on a Tuesday for the half-priced nachos special. The nacho platters resemble a tower of cheesy goodness that can have anything from onion rings to buffalo chicken on top. Another popular night to frequent Kate’s is on Sunday due to the half-priced entrees.

Location: 158 E. Main Street

Hours of operation: 11 am – 12 am

cheap

Central Perk sign

Photo by Adrianna Simeone- Central Perk sign

Central Perk

If you’re looking for a gourmet sandwich, this is the place to go. To all the meat lovers out there, the “Italian” is the one for you. Consisting of focaccia bread, topped off with salami, pepperoni and cheese, this beauty will surely satisfy. Most agree that the most popular order is the “avo.” Avocado, cucumber, mozzarella and pesto, this sandwich works on either focaccia or whole wheat bread. If you’re feeling adventurous, add some turkey for a unique twist. Since our main source of bubble tea left last spring (RIP T’licious), Central Perk has stepped up to become the new distributor on campus. The next time it’s a beautiful day and you’re craving some tapioca, Central Perk has got you covered.

Location: 42 E. Main Street

Hours of operation: 7 am – 10 pm

cheap

Photo by Adrianna Simeone- Main Squeeze menu

Main Squeeze Juice Bar and Café

The fan favorite here is definitely the “big salad”. With avocado, hummus, sprouts, sunflower seeds, turkey, feta and so much more, this salad is the perfect choice for a healthy lunch. Main Squeeze also has delicious wraps, sandwiches, panini’s and smoothies. If you like bananas and peanut butter, I’d suggest the Chunky Monkey. For those that prefer a more fruitful flavor, try the Berry Tasty.

Location: 131 E. Main Street

Hours of operation: 11 am – 6 pm

cheap