We’ve all walked past the Indian Sizzler on Main Street wondering who actually goes inside (or how the place is still open for business). However, I have to confess that I am probably its biggest fan. I will admit that at first I was a little hesitant to sit down for dinner, but my fear quickly disappeared after I tried my first meal.

When you first glance at the menu, you have to try to restrain yourself from becoming intimidated. To help guide you through the menu look for key text such as “vegetarian” or “chicken”. My absolute favorite dish at the Indian Sizzler is the Dal Tadka. It’s under the vegetarian section so there is no foreign or unknown meat. Dal Tadka is made up of purely yellow lentils tempered in fried Indian spices. This delicious dish is paired either with a side of basmati, otherwise referred to as jeera rice (aka white rice) or whole wheat bread known as rodi.

Dal Tadka is incredibly filling (so don’t plan on eating it the night you plan to wear a tight dress). Ironically, it’s incredibly low in calories because the dish consists of mostly lentils and spices. Oil is used as a substitute to cook the lentils in, along with a clarified butter known as ghee  making it easier to digest.

Another favorite (not pictured) is the Tandoori Chicken. Marinated in a blend of mouth watering spices, this dish is sure to be a favorite to all the meat lovers out there.

Trust me when I say that you have to grab a friend and try Indian Sizzler. Not only is the food delicious (and very underrated), but the reasonably priced menu appeals to both vegetarians and meat lovers. If you’re brave enough, try their $10 lunch buffet offered everyday – you wont regret it.

cheap

http://www.indiansizzlerus.com/About-Us.html

Location: 72 E Main St, Newark, DE 19711
Hours of operation: Open everyday 7 am – 10 pm