Everyone needs a role model. Someone who guides you through the rough roads of life and always has wise words of encouragement that are magically applicable to every single situation you encounter. I’m not ashamed to admit that one of my role models is a completely fictional character who cares more about cheese than her love life and isn’t afraid to wear socks with sandals. That’s right, it’s Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. Liz was one of the first characters on TV to show how truly awesome being a charmingly awkward food-lover can be, and I will never stop admiring her for giving such deeply inspirational advice. Heed these words and move onward in life.
1. Never be afraid to ask questions.
2. Never let anyone push you around.
3. Never settle for anything less than perfection.
4. Make sure you have at least one close friend you can tell anything to.
5. Be proud of your accomplishments.
6. Don’t be afraid to let go of unhealthy relationships.
7. Set your goals high and never stop striving for them.
8. Appreciate what really matters in life.
9. Utilize any and all professional connections you’ve made.
10. Share your knowledge with the world around you.
11. Make sure you take time to do what you love.
12. And, most importantly, live your life the way you’ve always wanted.