Icebox pies always brings back freshman year nostalgia when I think about my roommate who would make lemon icebox pie. It’s easy, effortless and has been my go-to dessert ever since. Being an avid lover of apple pie, I’ve altered the recipe to be made with apple pie filling instead of a lemon-flavored pie. I’ve even gotten compliments from this pie being like ‘apple ice cream’.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours or more
1 bar of cream cheese (8 ounces)
1/4 cup of sugar (confectionery sugar preferred)
1 can of apple filling
Keebler: ready crust graham pie crust (or make your own pie crust)
1 container of cool whip
1. Take out the bar of cream cheese and place it in a bowl.
2. Mix 1/4 cup of sugar into the bowl of cream cheese. You can add more sugar depending on how sweet you want your cream cheese base to be.
3. Spread mixture of cream cheese evenly onto the pie crust.
4. Pour and spread apple pie filling on top of the cream cheese base.
5. Spread cool whip evenly on top of apple pie filling.
6. Leave your finished icebox pie in the freezer for 2 hours or more for the filling to harden a little more. Enjoy your icebox pie as a refreshing dessert!