The next time you wake up with a pounding headache, groaning stomach and a bit of a buzz, pull your hand away from the unsatisfying box of Cap’n Crunch. Instead, recover from the night before by whipping up this banana bread pudding, which is easier to make than that shot across the table during your fourth round of beer pong. This bread pudding is chock-full of potassium, an electrolyte found in bananas, and cysteine, an amino acid in eggs that breaks down alcohol toxins. As it’s baking, chug some water, take a shower, then feel your boozy pains disintegrate as you dig your way through the sugar-crusted top and into the warm caramelized bananas.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

Servings: 1

1 ripe banana
1 piece of bread (if it’s stale, even better)
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice banana. Cut bread into small cubes.
3. Sprinkle small spoonful of brown sugar over bottom of a small ramekin or loaf pan (you can also split this between three muffin tins). Place a few banana slices over the sugar. Place a layer of bread cubes on top of the bananas.
4. Whisk together egg, milk, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour half of mixture over layers in dish.
5. Add another layer of bananas. Add another spoonful of brown sugar. Add another layer of bread cubes.
6. Put dish on small baking pan (to catch anything that bubbles over) and bake for about 35 minutes or until puffy and bread is golden brown.