Season 6 of Game of Thrones has provided us, unsurprisingly, with a whirlwind of emotions. From deaths and disappearances to triumphs and new alliances, we’ve nearly seen it all. But this week’s season finale doesn’t mean we need to hold the door* on our weekly dose of dragons and death.

(No spoilers here – so those of you still “trying to read the books before you watch the show,” read on).

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

*I know, it’s a stretch.

We’ve compiled eight recipes that will satisfy both your sweet tooth and your Game of Thrones cravings. They require moderate levels of culinary skill, time and most of all, dedication. Don’t be intimidated by these recipes – besides, after this week what else do you have to do on Sunday night?

So preheat your oven and get your food dye ready, and maybe you’ll realize some of these recipes aren’t as scary as you first thought.

All recipes were inspired by the book, Game of Scones, by Jammy Lannister.

1) Learn to make the classic Iron Scone

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

The Iron Throne never tasted so good. We’re taking a classic scone recipe and giving it some iron flair (in the form of licorice).

2) Become a mother of dragons

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

While we can’t guarantee you will hatch dragons out of these eggs, at least you get to save yourself a walk through blazing fire. This recipe is easiest around Easter time when chocolate eggs are readily available, but a mother does anything for her dragons, so I trust you can find yourself some eggs year-round.

3) Smash in Oberyn’s head yourself

Photo by Kirby Barth

Photo by Kirby Barth

This recipe is the most gory of them all (it came pretty close with #8). Luckily, nobody is actually harmed in the creation and execution of this Oberyn Terrell look-alike.

4) 3-Eyed raven pies

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

This classic fruity pie recipe is tasty with a side of creepy. The 3-eyed ravens are always watching, so make sure to be on your toes in the kitchen for this one.

5) Bran Muffins (With a side of Hodor)

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

The most innocent recipe of the list. Here we combine a healthy bran muffin with the the duo we love most: Bran and Hodor. Puns are fun and so is adding frosting to healthy foods.

6) Tyrion shortbread cookies

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

My personal favorite character makes for a very tasty cookie. Shortbread is a challenging dough to make without a mixer, but living in the shadow of your brother Jaimie is probably harder. Don’t forget the face scar.

7) Brienne of Tarth – as a tart!

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

Brienne is a tall, powerful, relentless woman who stays true to her word – very much like a rhubarb tart. In addition to being a delicious tart, this recipe gives you some freedom on the garnishes to make it look less Martha Stewart and more Game of Thrones.

8) A cake pop recipe in memory of Ned Stark

game of thrones

Photo by Kirby Barth

Definitely the second most gory recipe, but we do it with love. While Ned Stark is the original inspiration for these severed head cake pops, feel free to design other cake pops in memory of Catelyn, Rob, or other characters we’ve lost along the way.