I was totally stoked when I found out that McDonald’s was coming out with a new Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry flavor. Every year I look forward to seeing these oozy, egg-shaped candies fill the shelves and I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate an early Spring than to head over to the Mickey D’s drive-through to grab a Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I realized that they were only available overseas. Not lovin’ it.

With my Spring Break already behind me and a limited college student’s budget to work with, traveling to the U.K. or Australia just to get my hands on one of these was out of the question. After lots of browsing around Pinterest and various other blogs, I found what I think is the perfect ice cream to milk to mix-in ratio for the ultimate, creamiest DIY Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry. It’s all the best parts of the real thing without even having to leave your house (or the country for that matter). #McWinning.

DIY Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:7 minutes

• 1/3 cup Cadbury Creme Eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk of your choice
  • 2 cup vanilla ice cream
Photo by Alex Leav

Unwrap and chop the Creme Eggs. It looks hella gross but trust me, you’re well on your way to a killer McFlurry. Measure out 1/4 cup and reserve the rest for later.

Photo by Alex Leav

Blend together the milk and ice cream until just combined. Be careful not to over mix – a McFlurry is not the same as a milkshake.

#SpoonTip: 2 cups is equal to one pint, so no need to measure if you buy a one-pint container of ice cream

Photo by Alex Leav

Fold in 1/4 cup of your chopped Creme Eggs. Pour into a glass and sprinkle the remaining chopped Creme Eggs on top.

#SpoonTip: Not a fan of Creme Eggs? No worries. Mix in any chopped up candy bar, cookie, or whatever else floats your boat

Photo by Alex Leav