Taking a long time to prepare food, especially when you are starving, is probably one of the worst things ever. Maybe behind being allergic to colors…m aybe. To make matters worse, the easiest things to grab end up being chips, cookies, or whatever other junk food your kitchen holds.

But no fear. There is a way to make a quick snack that is delicious, balanced, and healthy (even though it tastes like dessert). It just so happens to be these blueberry banana peanut butter bites.

You don’t even have to make them all at once. The super-hungry can make and eat one slice before going onto the next, and that is totally acceptable.

The most magical thing about this blueberry banana treat is that it is completely balanced with its macronutrients. You have your carbohydrates (banana and blueberries) and protein and fat (peanut butter).

Long story short, you’ll stay fuller longer and be able to keep your summer figure. You are welcome.

Blueberry Banana Peanut Butter Bites

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes
  • Servings:1 person

• 1 banana
  • Blueberries
  • Whipped Cream
  • Whips Peanut Butter
Photo by Ashley Peek

Gather your ingredients.

Photo by Ashley Peek

Peel and slice the banana.

#SpoonTip: The more ripe the banana, the better.

Photo by Ashley Peek

Top each slice with a small dollop of peanut butter and 1-2 blueberries.

#SpoonTip: You can use any peanut butter. I like Jif Whips because it makes it a lighter treat instead of being peanut butter dense.

Photo by Ashley Peek

Add a small amount of whipped cream to each slice.

#SpoonTip: Only use a small “star-shaped” amount for a pretty look. Otherwise, it tastes super amazing when you drown those babies.

Photo by Ashley Peek