Remember those irresistible chocolate pretzel bites from a while ago? Meet their cousins, the salted-caramel, chocolate sandwiches. Two flaky Ritz crackers hug a gooey Rolo candy, resulting in a sweet and salty snack that is both crispy and chewy at the same time. The ingredients (all two of them) can be found at most stores, so if you procrastinated on your dish for a class potluck or want an impressive holiday gift, look no further.

Easy

Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 3 minutes
Cool time: optional 10 minutes
Total time:
13 minutes (23 if you have self control)

Servings: about 24 sandwiches

1 bag Rolo candies
1 box Ritz crackers (4 rolls)

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place crackers on a cookie sheet with the salted side facing down.

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

2. Unwrap as many Rolos as there are crackers. (Or unwrap them all and eat the extras.)

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

3. Place one Rolo in the middle of each cracker.

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

4. Bake for about 3 minutes; the chocolates should be glistening and soft but still retain their original shape.

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

5. Immediately place another cracker, plain side down, onto each Rolo. Press down until the chocolate reaches the edges of the cracker.

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

6. If you want the filling to firm up a bit, put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.

Rolo

Photo by Holly Birchfield

Take them to parties and potlucks to rake in the compliments or impress your parents and show them you can make more than just Kraft Mac’n’Cheese. Or eat them all by yourself while watching Netflix because, well, YOLO.