One of my favorite things in the whole world is dark chocolate, so naturally I try to incorporate it into any dish I can. These dark chocolate and coconut bars are easy, inexpensive, and delicious. With only four ingredients, you most likely have half of them in your kitchen already. These bars are perfect as a mid meal snack or a dessert, and not to mention light on the waistline!

Easy

Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour

Servings: 10-12 bars

3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
6 tablespoons coconut oil (plus 1/2 teaspoon for later)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup dark chocolate chips

1. In a medium saucepan, melt sugar and 6 tablespoons coconut oil until combined and fully melted, about 4-5 minutes. (Be careful not to burn!)

coconut

photo by Alyssa Rosello

2. Once melted, turn off heat and add in coconut flakes, stirring to combine.

coconut

photo by Alyssa Rosello

3. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour mixture in. Firmly press down mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool.

coconut

photo by Alyssa Rosello

4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil at 45 second increments, stirring in between each until fully melted.

coconut

photo by Alyssa Rosello

5. Once fully melted and smooth, pour chocolate over coconut mixture in pan and spread to cover evenly.

coconut

photo by Alyssa Rosello

6. Refrigerate for another 20 minutes until chocolate has cooled and hardened. Cut into squares and enjoy!

coconut

photo by Alyssa Rosello