Okay, so it’s no secret that from time to time, a really well-animated dish of food can make your stomach growl. It’s kind of cruel, because we’re pining after a meal that we can never actually have, until now. Mr. Krabs may think that he’s only guy around who can whip up the nautical Krabby Patty. But thanks to the Internet, the legendary burger can make its way from Bikini Bottom and into our stomachs. Who needs the dining hall when you’ve got the Krusty Krab right in your kitchen?

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: One Krabby Patty

krabby

Photo by Natalie Choy

2 slices of undersea cheese (regular is fine, I suggest American)
3 onion slices
3 tomato slices
1 handful of shredded lettuce
3 pickles
1 squirt of mustard
1 squirt of ketchup
1 hamburger bun (with sesame seeds)
1 frozen patty (Or you’re welcome to grill your own burger from scratch)
The *Secret Formula*: a pinch of King Neptune’s Poseidon Powder. If you’re not sure your local grocery store has Poseidon Powder, just substitute a pinch of salt and you’re good.

There are a few small variations of the recipe, so I used the most mentioned ingredients. Other suggested ingredients on the Spongebob wikia include mayo, relish, tartar sauce and, if you really wanna get under the sea, “chum.”

Directions:

1. To prepare the patty, if frozen, simply cook the patty on the stove. If it’s super frozen, throw it in the microwave for a minute or two to soften it. Then put it on the stove with some olive oil and cook until brown.

2. The hardest part is the patty. Thereafter, add the ingredients and condiments to your heart’s content.

krabby

Photo by Natalie Choy

3. Do NOT forget the pinch of King Neptune’s Poseidon Powder. Or salt, if you haven’t seen the king lately.

Photo by Natalie Choy

4. Place the bun on top and you’ve got yourself a bonafide Krabby Patty.

Photo by Natalie Choy

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

krabby

Photo by Natalie Choy, Design by Grace Hwang.