Finals season.

The library is getting more crowded, while your social life gets less so. The papers are piling up. The emotional binge eating has begun. It’s a tough time of year for everyone. But here at NYU Spoon, we believe that minimal amounts of intermittent fun are a pure necessity in the finals process. These Jell-O shots are the perfect “I’m so stressed” cure. Start them in the morning, let them refrigerate while you study and they’ll be perfect by the time you’re ready to unwind. The hardest part will be finding room in your mini fridge.

Easy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 3 hours (minimum)
Total Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes

Serving Size: 30 Jell-O shots

Jell-o shots

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

1 cup vodka
2 cups water
6 oz Jell-O mix
Disposable shot glasses

Directions
1. Combine vodka and 1 cup of water in a small bowl. Refrigerate to bring them to the same temperature.

Jell-o shots

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

2. Boil the remaining cup of water.

Jell-o shots

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

3. Combine packets of Jell-O mix and boiling water in small mixing bowl. Stir until Jell-O is dissolved. Feel free to combine Jell-O flavors. We used a raspberry/orange mix (and it tasted like a strangely delicious cough syrup.)

Jell-o shots

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

4. Add chilled vodka/water mix. Stir.

Jell-o shots

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

5. Transfer the mixture to shot glasses.

TIP: Pour the mixture into a liquid measuring cup first, then pour into the glasses. Trust us, pouring from bowl to glass is just asking for it.

Jell-o shots

Photo by Margaret Weinberg

6. Fill each glass about halfway. Place on a tray or in a pan for stability and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours, but overnight for best results. Bottoms up.