Winter and warm cookies go together like Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds; they just work so well and honestly how can you not love the combination. Finding the perfect cookie can be a daunting, but tasty task. The search is over. I give you the holy grail of cookies. The Michael Jordan of sweets. The ruby slipper to sweetness. The Italian Ricotta Cookie. 

Italian Ricotta Cookies

• Total Time:1 hr

• 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate, milk, coffee
Casey Austin

Preheat your oven to 350º. Mix sugar and butter in a stand mixer or large bowl with a handheld mixer. Cream together until the mixture is soft.

lard, butter, flour, dairy product, cream, milk
    Casey Austin

Add in the vanilla extract, eggs, and ricotta. Mix on medium-low until all ingredients are combined,

egg
    Casey Austin

Grab a medium sized bowl that will be used for dry ingredients. Measure in 4 cups of flour.

cottage cheese, ricotta, dough, dairy product, salt, cereal, milk, flour
    Casey Austin

Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until combined.

dough, sweet, dairy product, cream, flour, milk
    Casey Austin

Turn the wet-ingredient mixture on low and SLOWLY add the dry ingredients in 3 to 4 batches. Mix until combined.

yogurt, dairy product, cream, milk
    Casey Austin

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take a tablespoon and measure out balls of cookie dough onto the sheet. Don't overcrowd because they will expand. Place the cookie sheet in the oven until the cookies are just golden, around 15 minutes. You will most likely have to cook 3 to 4 batches depending on how big your cookies are and the size of your pan.

tea, dough
    Casey Austin

While cookies are baking, mix the last 3 ingredients (confectioners sugar, milk, vanilla) in a small bowl and whisk until a smooth glaze forms. If too thin, add more sugar. If too thick, add more milk.

sweet, flour, cream, dairy product, milk
    Casey Austin

Once the cookies are baked and the glaze is made, dip the top of the cookies into the glaze and line on a baking sheet on top of the used cookie sheet. COVER, and I mean really go crazy with the sprinkles. AND VOILA!

cream, cake, sweet, pastry, candy, cookie
    Casey Austin