Sometimes it can be tricky to eat healthy in college. As easy and filling as pasta is, it’s not always the most nutritious option. This healthy version of spaghetti and meatballs is chock full of nutrients and flavor, which is an ideal meal for a college student. Swap zucchini for pasta next time and brace yourself for a shockingly tasty meal.

Healthy Spaghetti and Meatballs

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:40 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour

• 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 packet ranch seasoning
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 cheese sticks, cut into cubes
  • 2 zucchinis, peeled
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • Marinara sauce
Photo by Emma Lally

Combine the ground turkey, ranch seasoning and breadcrumbs together until it is completely mixed.

Gif by Emma Lally

Take about a spoonful of the mixture and flatten it. Place a piece of the cheese stick inside and roll it up with your hands until it’s enclosed.

Gif by Emma Lally

Place all of the meatballs onto a cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.

Gif by Emma Lally

To make the zucchini noodles, use a vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini into long strips. Continue to do this until all of the zucchini is cut into long pieces.

Gif by Emma Lally

In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil and then add the zucchini noodles. Cook for one minute.

Gif by Emma Lally

Next, add water and cook the zucchini for 7 minutes, or until it’s softened.

Gif by Emma Lally

Pour some marinara over your zoodles and meatballs and dig in.

Gif by Emma Lally