Finding ways to sneak sweet, carb-loaded breakfast foods into the rest of the day is the ultimate game changer. The classic sweet and salty pairing makes a warmly-welcomed appearance in these dorm-friendly snacks.

The white chocolate keeps things light, but with the addition of the savory pretzel and peanut mixture these clusters accomplish a satisfying result for all your tastebuds. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make. White chocolate isn’t for everyone but the beauty in this snack comes with its room for creativity.

Throw in any of your favorite crunchies like chex, cheerios, or almonds to replace anything you aren’t crazy about in this suggested recipe. If you want to get a little colorful, add sprinkles or drizzle icing on top. Seriously, go all out. The messier, the better.

White Chocolate Clusters

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:10-15 minutes
  • Total Time:15-20 minutes
  • Servings:approximately 30

• 1 cup pretzel sticks
  • 1 cup cap'n crunch's peanut butter crunch
  • 1 cup kellogg's rice krispies cereal
  • 1 cup dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts
  • 12 oz white chocolate chips (melted)
Photo by Elise Takahama

Measure out and combine in a large bowl the pretzels, cap’n crunch, rice krispies and peanuts.

#SpoonTip: break the pretzel sticks into smaller pieces!

Photo by Elise Takahama

Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-20 second increments, stirring in between to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.

Photo by Elise Takahama

Pour melted white chocolate over the dry ingredients, gently folding it into the mix until everything is completely coated.

Photo by Elise Takahama

Drop tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

Photo by Elise Takahama

Let them harden for about 10-15 minutes, then enjoy!

#SpoonTip: Store in an air-tight container and you’re good to go for a few days. 

Photo by Elise Takahama