This recipe was the first recipe I encountered when making spaghetti squash for the first time. I feel #blessed because I can be very picky and I think I would have decided I didn’t like spaghetti squash if it weren’t for this meal.

I honestly don’t ever really want to eat chicken parmesan over a plate of spaghetti again if that spaghetti isn’t in squash form. I feel really strongly about this and I don’t feel as though my opinion can be swayed.

(Also once I made this for my family and they were extremely surprised at my abilities which was both hurtful and gratifying at the same time)

Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan Boats

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:45 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour

• 1 spaghetti squash, halved and scooped
  • 2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
  • 5 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 tablespoon bread crumbs (flavor of your choice)
  • 1-2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoon flour
  • Tomato sauce of your choice
  • 4-6 mozzarella balls
  • 2-4 teaspoon shredded parmesan
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
Photo by Nicole Witte

Preheat your oven to 375°F. Take your spaghetti squash and lightly oil and season with salt and pepper. Place facedown on a tray and bake for 35-50 minutes at 375°F depending on the squash size.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Heat the oil in the frying pan. Coat your chicken in flour, then in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place the chicken in the oil and cook 3-7 minutes on each side depending on thickness.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Slice the chicken into thin strips. Slice your mozzarella into smaller pieces for spreading.

Photo by Nicole Witte

After the squash is done, scrape the insides with a fork to make it stringy. Place the chicken strips inside.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Add your mozzarella. Cover with sauce and sprinkle 1-2 tsp of parmesan on top of each. Place back in the oven and broil on high until cheese is melted.

Photo by Nicole Witte