Now that it's finally fall, we can officially start doing fall activities like making these cute mini mason jar pumpkin pies. It's the perfect size for you and your guests and they are adorable! Keep reading to get the full recipe.

Mini Mason Jar Pumpkin Pies

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 30 mins

• 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
  • 1 - 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
  • 1 stick or 1/2 cup salted butter melted
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar --- I know it's a lot... good thing nobody is counting calories here!
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 packages Pillsbury Pie Crusts
  • 12 - 4 ounce mason jars
  • Optional Toppings: whipped cream or cool whip and chopped almonds
Mareesa Ahmad

Preheat oven to 400°.

Mareesa Ahmad

In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.

Mareesa Ahmad

Add pumpkin puree to the cream cheese and beat until well incorporated.

Mareesa Ahmad

Add melted butter and vanilla and mix for 1 minute. The color will be a light orange once the butter and vanilla are added. Then, add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one is added.

Mareesa Ahmad

Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and mix until all ingredients are combined. Now the filling is finished!

Mareesa Ahmad

Time to prepare the mason jars. Take one of the mason jars and use it to cut 12 circles. Then, using a small knife, cut strips, about 1 cm in width. You will need about 8 strips per pumpkin pie. Save any extra dough and set it to the side. You will need this for later. (See the end of this recipe if you would like to make the crust from scratch)

Mareesa Ahmad

Take the pre-cut circles and press them into the bottom of each mason jar (one circle per mason jar). This will be the base of each jar. Using the extra dough that is left, work the dough on the side of the jars, pressing it into an even layer using your fingers. With this recipe, you can control how much crust you add into the jar. For example, my favorite part of pie is the crust, so I do a thicker layer of crust than I probably should.

Mareesa Ahmad

Spoon the pie filling into the mason jars, filling it just under the rim. Once the mason jars are full, use the strips to form a lattice pie crust. I did 4-5 strips horizontally and 4-5 strips vertically (depending on the thickness of the strip). Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 350° and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes, until golden brown on top.

Mareesa Ahmad

Optional: Garnish the mini pumpkin pies with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped almonds.

Spoon Tip: Garnish the mini pumpkin pies just before you serve them.

Mareesa Ahmad

They not only look yummy, but y'all... the cream cheese makes the filling so creamy and with all that cinnamon goodness, it's just a party in your mouth. These mini mason jar pumpkin pies are the perfect dessert for all your fall needs and a fun way to ring in the new season.

***Spoon Tip: try this homemade crust and whipped cream recipe.