Peppermint bark is 100% my favorite part of Christmas. Like, I’m not kidding – forget gifts under the tree, just leave me alone with my tin of Williams-Sonoma peppermint bark and I’ll be more than content.

Sadly for me and the well-being of my stomach, I’m usually cut off from the bark at a point. But don’t worry – that never stops me from buying/making an aggressive amount of my personal crack, leaving me with pounds of it after the holidays are over. I’m as obsessed with it as a person can be, but it’s just not the same come January 3rd, right?

To repurpose the leftovers I thought I’d combine my two true loves, Martha Stewart’s chocolate chip cookies, and peppermint bark, to create the superfood that will singlehandedly destroy my new year’s resolution to not eat like shit (or to at least not go back to school looking like it).

Peppermint Bark Chip Cookies

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:17-18 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:24 cookies

• 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1 1/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cup peppermint bark chunks

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Break peppermint bark into (roughly) 1/2 inch chunks.

#SpoonTip: I used regular peppermint bark for half of the cookies and Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares for the other half and no one noticed.

Photo by Gia Vizzone

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Photo by Gia Vizzone

In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy (about 6 minutes). Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Finally, fold in the peppermint bark.

#SpoonTip: When adding the flour mixture, do so in small batches to avoid making a huge mess and so that it’s mixed in better.

Photo by Gia Vizzone

Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets 3 inches apart. Bake until the edges are light golden brown (17 to 18 minutes). Let the cookies sit for on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.

#SpoonTip: The spoon/ice cream makes sure the cookies are a roughly uniform size so they cook evenly.

Photo by Gia Vizzone

Enjoy!

Photo by Gia Vizzone