I absolutely despise protein shakes. Mixed with water, the stuff is about as appetizing as pond water. That being said, protein shakes are one of the best ways to re-fuel your body after a hard workout. Having recently increased my running mileage and the number of resistance workouts I do per week, I turned to protein powder to help nurture and strengthen my body. After trying once to force it down just with water, I began looking for other, more appetizing, ways to incorporate it into my diet.

Nice Cream has taken the health food world by storm recently, and I'll admit that it has become one of my favorite snacks/meals. Since I've been eating its creamy banana goodness almost on the daily, I decided to try mixing in my protein powder. And voila, the most delicious way to enjoy your protein shake was born. 

3-Ingredient Nice Cream For After Your Workout

• Cook Time:0

• 2 frozen bananas
  • 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
  • 1 scoop protein powder
tomato
Nina Listro

Cut the frozen bananas into 1/2 inch slices.

sweet, pastry, cake, bread, chocolate
    Nina Listro

Place in a food processor or blender with milk or milk substitute and blend until the mixture reaches the consistency of soft serve ice cream. This process may take a few minutes and the mixture may need to be stirred every so often so you aren't left with any banana chunks at the end.

#SpoonTip: Use the "pulse" mode if your food processor or blender has one. It tends to blend the bananas better and you won't have to keep turning the device on and off each time you need to stir the mixture.

cream, flour, milk
    Nina Listro

Add protein powder and blend again until well mixed.

flour, sweet, coffee, chocolate, bread, cake
    Nina Listro

Transfer Nice Cream into a bowl and get as crazy as you want with toppings. Keep it healthy by choosing things like granola, dried coconut, cacao nibs, peanut butter, fruit or hemp seeds. Or chocolate chips and gummies if that's what you're in the mood for.

sauce, rice, vegetable, meat
    Nina Listro